In four paragraphs (550-650 words), these regular weekly e-mail bulletins present the reader with a current or looming crisis requiring urgent attention. Each crisis is presented in its context — historical, political, social and religious — for the purpose of facilitating understanding and a strategic response. For Christians, part of that response will always be prayer. To that end, these bulletins provide 3 or 4 carefully crafted and scripturally defended prayer requests (for private or gathered worship). They also include a short one paragraph summary (max. 130 words) for newsletters, mailings, church bulletins and/or small groups.
The service is free (absolutely no fundraising).
The material is free to use and republish with attribution: Elizabeth Kendal, Religious Liberty Prayer Bulletin
For HTML complete with images and hyperlinks (delivered via Feedburner), sign up on the Religious Liberty Prayer Bulletin blog (and then confirm).
For email text only, send an empty email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- RLPB 451. Pakistan: Islamic State targets Christians in Quetta
- RLPB 450. China & Vietnam: Church suffers as repression escalates
- RLPB 449. Algeria: churches closed as repression escalates
- RLPB 448. Easter Devotion plus March Update, incl. Korea, Turkey, Syria, CAR, Iraq, Nigeria, Vietnam
- Turkey in Syria: Afrin falls; Christians imperilled (plus update on Pastor Andrew Brunson)
- RLPB 446. North Korea: A Step in the Right Direction